I'd Like To Know

Monday, March 14, 2005

Is this a cure, or is this a disease?

Ah, the weblog. The latest Internet craze to sweep a nation already sick of the latest season of Fear Factor. The concept isn't terribly new, though. No, it's been alive as long as I can remember, even before Google was a household name. The difference is that in those days we called it a diary. Much like the blogs of today, you would record your innermost thoughts and desires, but in those days we strove to keep it private. But no more! This is the Information Age, and the people wish to broadcast their ponderings to the millions upon millions of bored Internet addicts. The logical rebuttal is “hey, no one’s going to care enough to read it.”

Logic’s got a good point.

So, I stand here on my soapbox to pontificate upon the nature of existence, identity, socially prescribed norms, and cheese fries. On this, my very own blog, I can feel the accomplishment of publishing my ideas for the world to see, while not having to deal with the fact that no one’s going to bother. Therein lies the beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home