I'd Like To Know

Friday, April 22, 2005

I'm floating in a beam of light with you

So I went down to check out the Boston marathon on Monday, after a very brief trip to Springfield. The less said about that little journey, the better.
The marathon, though. Incredible. I was in the city last year, and I was aware that there were hundreds of people running through it, but I stayed home and watched cartoons instead for some reason. This year I appreciated the spectacle. It's something like 26 miles that these people run. And the crowds are huge. Throngs of people line the closed-off streets to get a glimpse of the runners. People like to say that Bostonians will take any excuse to get drunk. And those people are absolutely right. Granted, it was mostly over by the BU campus, but there were a LOT of inebriated twentysomethings stumbling around.
I've got a ton of respect for the marathon participants. I'd like to do something like that someday, if I knew it wouldn't kill me. As it is, I'm going to have enough trouble surviving Summer League this year. I've been sitting on my lazy butt all winter. It'll be interesting.
This post is about to come to an abrupt "conclusion."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home